Day Thirty Six - A new week ... new kitchen!
Week Six and another new kitchen, this week I am in kitchen two (a new one for me) and I am determined to make it work for me ... having shaken off the jinx of week 5 😋
Today I was making an Irish seafood platter with oysters, mussels, clams, cockles, home made mayo (I turned it into lemon mayo) and added a nice red wine vinaigrette with coriander and red chilli too, I also made some brown yeast bread and rhubarb strawberry compote with shortbread biscuits and softly whipped cream (the only type of cream allowed at Ballymaloe!!!)😇
I also had a new teacher ... Brid who was just returning from maternity leave so it was a new kitchen together ... grab that solidarity wherever you can 😉 I also had a new partner ... Rachel from Oz 😀
All in all a good day in the kitchen and I was very pleased with everything I put up ... just hope I match that tomorrow!
Todays Demo class was with Rachel ... I don't know how she does it but she's always in a bubbly mood ... impressive ... a mix of things today ... the list ...
- Start ... Gravlax (ready for Wednesday)
- Ardsallagh Goat Cheese and Thyme Leaf Soufflé
- Parmesan and Gruyére Cheese Soufflé; VD Imokilly Cheddar Cheese Soufflé with Chives
- Pâté de Campagne with Cornichons, Gherkins, Radishes ...
- Confiture d’Oignons
- Celeriac Remoulade
- Spiced Cranberries
- Pork and Spinach Terrine with Fresh Herbs
- Cucumber Pickle
- Beetroot Relish
- Elizabeth David’s Red Pepper Chutney
- Finnochio, Red Onion and Fennel Salad
- Aubergine Salad with Olives
- Green Salad with Pomegranate Molasses Dressing
- Butter and Milk Dough with various Seeds
- Crêpes with Orange Butter;
- Crêpes with Salted Butter Caramel
- Puff Pastry
In the evening I had a cheeky nap as I was shattered ... the course is starting to take its toll a little ... after that ... filing and organising some recipes and techniques for studying, also my order of work for tomorrow, I tried to watch the France V Ireland football game but that was more torturous than anything else!
Tomorrow I am making a Pâté de Campagne with Cornichons, Gherkins, Radishes & confiture d’oignons ... also crepes with a salted butter caramel ... I'll also try make some white soda bread for the cookbook blog ... but we'll see how that goes.🤫🧐