Day Fifty Eight - Mr. Bio-Dynamic!!! 😝
Ran a few minutes late today and got into the kitchen around 8:10 a.m. Whether or not that was due to the effects of football we won’t say ... 😝 Today I was making Cappalletti with a tomato cream sauce and Zabaglione semi freddo ... the pasta making is a pain ... taking ages 😝 I prepared it well but I was a bit heavy handed with the sauce ... still very edible 😊 Annoying!
On a more positive note my sourdough starter has been on the go for 7 days now so I should be able to double feed it tomorrow and then prepare a loaf the following day and bake it before the weekend !!!
This afternoons demo was with Rachel ... dishes covered ...
- Moutabal with Pitta Bread
- Lebanese Cold Cucumber Soup
- Rory’s Chilled Cucumber with Grape Soup with Elderflower
- Poached Monkfish, Red Pepper Sauce
- Poached Monkfish, Red Pepper Vinaigrette
- Buttered Zucchini, Marjoram
- Gillian Hegarty’s Braised Fennel
- Almond Meringue, Strawberries, Cream
- Eton Mess with Strawberries or Green Gooseberries
- Meringue Roulade, Strawberries, Roast Rhubarb
- Lemon Meringue Roulade with Crystallised Lemon
- Meringue Kisse
After demo we had an extra curricular wine class with Colm McCan but featuring my very own class mate Christian as I mentioned previously Christian owns a vineyard in the Loire, Anjou. Clau de Nell 😀 I have chatted with him on most of the items he presented today but it was really good to see it presented formally and a proper tasting! I think a visit to the Loire in October will have to be considered!
As we had a taste for the grape juice we decided to continue for a bit back at Pennywort ... an early night 😝😇
Tomorrow as usual there's no cooking ... but we do have a demo with a Two star Michelin Chef ...
Merlin Lebron-Johnson from Portland restaurant in London 😊